<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Creide InDeed
A voice from beyond speaks on the life of the undead and finding unlife after death


New Beginnings

Friday, May 28, 2004

It's not always easy being me. Particularly now that I'm a vampire. Before turning I was already a little on the disorganized side and a the ultimate procrastinator-- and now I have to deal with feeding, robbing and making sure my human doesn't wander off and get lost. Perhaps the most formidable challenge I face is... Oneirus. Yes, Oneirus who constantly borrows trouble, who is insane beyond words and who habitually steals the covers. Oneirus who insisted that I get started writing here... Oneirus who, if you haven't already guessed, is my companion. All joking aside, I wouldn't trade him for the world. Now for a dozen or so juicy Bob the humans...

We met in the Asylum-- more properly the House of Heorot's Training Grounds (TG). I am currently a trainee, dividing my time indoors between dozing quietly and skulking around wondering where my companion has wandered off to. Ever at my feet is my faithful pet, Angel. Oneirus was kind enough to step over a couple of rules and see to it that I had the ultimate companion and guard animal. Angel is a HellHound, top of his class and already about the size of a small pony. (I shudder to think how large he will be when fully grown.) My over-sized bundle of fur and fangs sometimes goes off to hunt or play in the Inferno for a day or two at a time. No worries though-- he always comes back to home to curl up in his cast-iron dog bed... and leave occasional "presents" for his beloved master...

Ah, but I skipped some information. Who I am? Simple enough. I am Creide. I am an observer. I see much and seek ever to increase my stores of knowledge. I am a soft voice speaking in the darkness. I am a gentle laugh in a quiet room. I am the terror that flaps in the night (couldn't resist). I am the velvet-cloaked one sleeping soundly in the back of the Asylum...

Velvet? Yes. I have been asked why I choose to wear such heavy trappings. Velvet is to all appearances soft. It is warm and inviting, yet stately, the garb of a true lady. It softens the contours of that which it covers, be it a heart of gold or the scales of a dragon. As the velvet glove hides an iron fist, so may the velvet cloak hide an iron will. *ponders* It may be that velvet holds a romantic element as well, though that is solely for my companion to discover.

Speaking of the blue-eyed devil, I find it amusing that I am expected to control Oneirus, or calm him down a bit. I can only say that I would not see him changed, for a number of valid reasons. I do not feel the need to explain. (Yes, Mr. Dangerfield, I do respect you.) I smile as I type this, recalling something Onei said last night about my being the string of reality keeping his balloon of insanity grounded. If I succeed in that much I feel I have done my duty. While we are very different in some respects, there is definitely a common thread. Frightening.
posted by Creide at 8:53 AM

Comments: Post a Comment