<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Creide InDeed
A voice from beyond speaks on the life of the undead and finding unlife after death


Next Stage... Secrets & Powers

Thursday, October 14, 2004

A great deal is happening right now.The battle is won though all signs point to a far greater one to come. Everyone has had time to rest and recuperate-- just in time for more adventure. Oneirus is taking off on some new venture to parts unknown, AQel is missing-- and I am about to take the trainees out on my own.

We have a minor mission, or at least I hope it winds up being minor. We don't need any more problems or wounds to deal with. I am well aware that there is no telling what we may encounter. Indeed, I am hesitant to go. I dread it and think it is hardly any better than lying in wait for them to strike again. The last time we followed a lead, it almost ended in death for us all. I hate that we even took time to rest at all, but it was a dire need. I may look better, but my soul-- if vamps have souls-- is weary.

While I should have been relaxing, allowing my mind to wander, I was instead staring at the walls, worrying about what new weapon the Hunters were devising while we defenseless. I begin to wonder what each moment may bring, whether or not any of us will survive this thing. And if so-- in what condition? Some wounds cut deeper than any sword and take far longer to heal. Things could well have gone a different way in the attack on our keep. If it were not for careful planning and the help loyalists, many of whom died, we would all have died a death of no return. And now I am faced with leading others into this, whatever this may be. Another explosion may await us, or more Holy Water, or perhaps nothing at all. If given the chance, I would have fought against this mission, as long and loud as necessary. However, though the Warden kindly veiled his words, my orders were made more than clear to me.

The Warden. Oneirus. My companion, my confidante... He is so many things to me, yet I am forced once again to set all feelings aside. There are secrets between us. There always have been of course, as any two beings must have regardless of their bond. But this is something different. For the first time since our companionship began, Oneirus has chosen to go his own way and pointedly kept silent about his plans. The reason is unclear-- perhaps because he knows I will worry, or maybe it is truly a task for one, something he must do alone. My heart fights against other reasons, darker ones. I must simply trust him.

But how can I trust him when I have my own secrets? Small things perhaps, yet enough to cast doubt in his mind should he but notice them. My reasons are my own and I owe an explanation to none. Ironic really, that two such private vampires should join together, and so successfully. Though I possibly know him better than almost anyone else, there is much I may never know about him. Just as there are things he may never discover about my existence, both past and present... In the end we must continue on as we always have. Sharing what we may, enjoying the comfort of one another's company, and ultimately respecting the silences.

Outside the Asylum, unlife is as busy as ever. The RP is off to a slow, but interesting start. Oneirus, CBK and I are looking into the case of the demonic barrel, Addah should be making an entrance soon, and View is posting his story. Why he was worried about his writing skills I'll never know, cause we're all eagerly waiting for the next chapter.

I am working my way through powers with a vengeance. The last time I posted I think I was just finishing up Locate 1. I've also snagged Stamina 3, Locate 1 , Shadows 2 and Telepathy 1. My darlin' companion keeps pushing me to get Surprise... no, actually laughing at me because I don't already have it. *grumble* So I suppose that once I finish Celerity 3, aka Hell, that will be my next goal. After that it should be easy to finish up. Pretty much shocked me to hear O. mention the other day that soon I'll be fully-powered. Wow... still surprises me to say that. Way back in ancient times, before I came to the clan I felt like I would never get there. Guess time really does fly when you take things a step at a time.
posted by Creide at 1:43 PM

Comments:
I AM SAINT JIMMY...that's my name, don't wear it out!!!!!
 
Um... jimmy indeed. though one must wonder how you achieved sainthood, hm...

Ah, and you and I both know how you are, dear. You said yourself that you had other plans for me. You and your hidden agendas... *long-suffering sigh*
 
Post a Comment